Do you want to drive value creation together with a team of passionate finance professionals?
We are looking for a Project Controller to join our Finance & Accounting team.
As a Project Controller your main responsibility will be project analysis and cost control, in addition to month-end reporting on our ongoing projects around the world. Your in-depth analysis of the projects, including risk and opportunity reviews, will support commercial decisions for the company. You will also be involved in cash flow projections, monitoring and support the forecast and budget process.
We are looking for someone who can plan and prioritize effectively, and who enjoys turning system data into insights to support better business decisions. You will also have a role in our ongoing process of changing and improving our way of working. Your excellent communication skills will help you to effectively communicate these insights in a simple way to your colleagues.
You pay high attention to detail, and you are well-organized. Alongside being curious and self-motivated, your analytical mindset will make you capable of handling and analyzing large amounts of data, which will enable you to provide advice for key decision-makers.
The role is a part of the Finance & Accounting function and reports to the Business Controller.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Project analysis and cost control. Working closely with all parts of the organization, incl. manufacturing, project managers, tender, sales, and the management team.
- Month-end closing for projects with revenue recognition according to percentage of completion.
- Prepare reports for the management team and the board of directors, incorporating both historical and forward-looking views on leading and lagging indicators.
- Responsible for cash flow forecast and monitoring on projects.
- Support project managers with risk and opportunity analysis.
- Support the management team with analysis and decision proposals.
- Support the forecast and budget process.
- Contribute in other areas as needed, e.g. quarterly and annual reports.
- M.Sc. in Economics and Business Administration (‘Siviløkonom’) or similar.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in engineering, procurement and construction projects or from one of the big 4 audit firms.
- Experience from an international environment is preferred.
- Commercial mindset and excellent communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (Required)
- Knowledge of Visma Business.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English, orally and written.
- Team player – ability to work with people across the entire organization.
- Analytical skills and curious mindset.
- Proactive and result driven.
- Ambitious and willing to learn.
It is also important that you share our core values:
Proactive – Responsive – Team oriented – Innovative - Accountable
- An important role in a highly competent and international working environment.
- On the job training for mastering the role.
- Opportunity to shape the role to suit your ambitions.
- A role in a company who actively contributes to the green transformation and sustainable growth of cities throughout the world.
If you see yourself further developing your career together with us, don’t hesitate to send in your application. Please be informed that we will only accept and assess applications through our career site. Apply within November 30th 2023.
The Project Controller will work at our head offices at Asker, Norway. For more any questions about the position, please contact Berit Hottran Edvardsson (+47 415 28 977), Business Controller.
Cambi is a global technology and solutions supplier that enables cities and industries to turn wastewater sludge and other organic wastes into bioresources. We are a medium-sized, Norway-based multinational company listed in Oslo on Euronext Growth. We have offices in the UK, USA, China and South Korea, and a growing sales network on all continents.
At Cambi we believe that our employees are the source of our success. Our aim of retaining the position as world technology leader depends on our global community of employees whose experience, skills and commitment fuel our ongoing drive for innovation and excellence. We are looking for more people like us, who believe they can make a difference in the world.
We have about 150 employees globally, with more than 25 different nationalities spread across time zones and continents. Working with us means you appreciate diversity, are proactive and a true team player who chips in when the situation requires so.