How about using your skills to accelerate the global transition to a low-carbon circular economy?
Cambi is looking for an Anaerobic Digestion (AD) Specialist and with wider wastewater and biogas interests, like liquor stream treatment, dewatering properties, and enhancement of biogas production. You will lead work on and manage internal and external R&D projects and be responsible for client testing within the field that you are subject matter expert on.
Cambi has access to well-equipped laboratory facilities, has a fleet of portable test rigs used for client testing and has access to data from full-scale installations. You will be responsible for design of experiments, test methods and quality of both internal and external work performed in laboratory, pilot- and full-scale settings. Furthermore, you will manage the collection, collation, and analysis of performance data from all our installations.
You will be responsible for development and design of research projects within the field(s) you are the subject matter expert on. Furthermore, you will follow Cambi’s qualification process for external R&D engagements and maintain and establish partnerships with external research institutes in both private and public sector.
Cambi has a highly competent and international organization dedicated to the development and implementation of sustainable solutions for waste management, wastewater biosolids treatment, resource recovery and energy production. In your role as AD Specialist, you will be part of our Technology Group and will when relevant work together with our wider organization on project development, sales, and project execution. You will take part in development of performance test programs and performance guarantees. Furthermore, you will represent Cambi and present work at international conferences.
The successful candidate will have a strong academic background and deep understanding of the wastewater, biosolids and biogas industry. It is necessary to have the skillset to manage people in project teams and for cooperating with other internal and external stakeholders. You should also be comfortable representing Cambi at international conferences and in external meetings. Moreover, it is necessary to be business minded ensuring that there is a business case for all R&D work that is carried out.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for research within the field you are subject matter expert on.
- Be responsible for quality of work performed in internal and external laboratories.
- Manage the collection, collation, and analysis of data from full scale installations.
- Developing performance test programs and performance guarantees.
- Writing applications for research grants.
- Cooperate with research partners.
- Develop test plans for laboratory-, pilot- and full-scale investigations.
- Represent Cambi at international conferences.
- Staying up to date on relevant research within our field.
- Engage in teams with colleagues in Cambi to carry out targeted and applied research to develop and win innovative projects for and with customers.
- Participate in project development.
- Participate in development of mass and energy balances for biosolids treatment lines and development of internal calculation tools.
- Be willing to assist in carrying out laboratory work if and when required.
Your background and profile
- PhD on wastewater treatment, anaerobic digestion or on a related field.
- Experience with writing international research applications.
- Experience with managing international research projects.
- Experience with R&D work in either university or private setting.
- Experience with and deep understanding of wastewater biosolids treatment, anaerobic digestion, and biogas plants.
- Deep understanding of relevant laboratory test methods and experimental work.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
Desirable personal qualities to succeed in the role
- Excellent communication skills
- Good at finding practical solutions
- Practical and hands on approach
- Genuine interest in research
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience from method development
What we offer
- You will work in a world leading environment with highly skilled colleagues from different disciplines who are happy to share their knowledge and eager to learn from you.
- You will experience various tasks, enabling you to find your career path through upward and lateral growth opportunities.
- You will be based at our headquarters, with opportunities for shorter or longer stays abroad.
Why you will enjoy it in Cambi
Work globally: Encounter different cultures and work practices with opportunities to travel the world on projects involving leading water sector companies spanning all continents.
Immerse in diversity: Join a multicultural team with a mix of young and experienced colleagues from more than 25 countries and 15 discipline backgrounds.
Grow personally: Embrace our values; proactive, innovative, responsive, accountable, and team-oriented, in a dynamic work environment grounded in a modern Code of Conduct applying to all employees and business partners.
Location: Asker, Norway
Cambi is a global technology and solutions supplier that enables cities and industries to turn wastewater sludge and other organic wastes into bioresources. We are a medium-sized, Norway-based multinational company listed in Oslo on Euronext Growth. We have offices in the UK, USA, China and South Korea, and a growing sales network on all continents.
Our core expertise lies in designing, manufacturing, installing, and operating industrial process installations, used mainly for treating sewage sludge in combination with anaerobic digestion in wastewater treatment plants. The technology, developed over three decades and known globally as thermal hydrolysis, reduces greenhouse gas emissions and produces renewable energy, organic fertilizers, and various soil products while destroying pathogens and other harmful substances.
Our systems have the capacity to cater to over 110 million individuals across more than 25 countries. We are proud of having cities like Oslo, London, Washington, Singapore, and Sydney among our clients. As water utility companies take sustainability increasingly seriously, adopting net-zero emissions targets and embracing circular economy models, Cambi has tremendous growth potential and ambitions to match.
Application deadline: Applications will be reviewed consecutively.
Please be informed that we will only accept and assess applications through our career site.