How about using your skills to accelerate the global transition to a low-carbon circular economy?
Cambi is looking for a researcher who is passionate about research and innovation, where you can use your competence within chemistry and biology to be part of the solution for the world’s great sustainability challenges. As researcher in Cambi, you will help cities and municipalities around the world with new and innovative solutions for turning organic waste into bioresources on the journey to net-zero emissions.
Cambi is looking for a researcher to conduct laboratory and full-scale investigations. As a researcher in Cambi you will conduct laboratory work, sampling, procure services and equipment as well as analyzing data and write reports. You will be responsible for tests conducted for clients as well as for the R&D team. In addition to testing, the position includes activities such as case studies and making mass & energy and thermodynamic calculations.
You will be a part of a dedicated and highly competent research and innovation team, and you will be cooperating with engineers and technologists in our global organization.
What you will be doing:
- Execute testing both in the laboratory and full scale at the wastewater- & biogas plants.
- Managing the lab including procurement of services, equipment and chemicals.
- Data analysis and report writing.
- Cooperate with research partners, both universities and other companies.
- Present results and findings to clients’ other stakeholders at international conferences.
- Staying up to date on relevant research within our field.
- Cooperate with the rest of the organization in the development of new technology and finding new solutions to create sustainable growth in existing and new market segments.
- Engage in teams with colleagues in Cambi to carry out targeted and applied research to develop and win innovative projects for and with customers.
Your background and profile:
- Master's degree or equivalent in chemical engineering, biotechnology, water wastewater engineering or similar
- Experience with and interests in laboratory work
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
Desirable personal qualities to succeed in the role:
- Good at finding practical solutions
- Passion for mediation of results
- Genuine interest in research
- Naturally curious
It would be great if you also have:
- Driver's license
- Experience from method development
- Basic programming skills (Python, RStudio, Matlab, Labview, etc.)
What we offer:
- You will work with highly skilled colleagues from different disciplines who are happy to share their knowledge and eager to learn from you.
- You will experience various tasks, enabling you to find your career path through upward and lateral growth opportunities.
Why you will enjoy it in Cambi:
Work globally: Encounter different cultures and work practices with opportunities to travel the world on projects involving leading water sector companies spanning all continents.
Immerse in diversity: Join a multicultural team with a mix of young and experienced colleagues from more than 25 countries and 15 discipline backgrounds.
Grow personally: Embrace our values; proactive, innovative, responsive, accountable, and team-oriented, in a dynamic work environment grounded in a modern Code of Conduct applying to all employees and business partners.
Location: Asker / Aas (lab site)
Cambi is a global technology and solutions supplier that enables cities and industries to turn wastewater sludge and other organic wastes into bioresources. We are a medium-sized, Norway-based multinational company listed in Oslo on Euronext Growth. We have offices in the UK, USA, China and South Korea, and a growing sales network on all continents.
Cambi is a world leader in developing innovative and advanced solutions to produce sustainable high-class biosolid products within the wastewater industry. Our core expertise lies in innovative concept development, design, manufacturing, installation, and operation of industrial process installations, used mainly for treating sewage sludge in combination with anaerobic digestion in wastewater treatment plants. The core technology, developed over three decades and known globally as thermal hydrolysis, reduces greenhouse gas emissions and produces renewable energy, organic fertilisers, and various soil products while destroying pathogens and other harmful substances. Our systems have the capacity to cater to over 110 million individuals across more than 25 countries. We are proud of having cities like Oslo, London, Washington, Singapore, and Sydney among our clients.
As water utility companies take sustainability increasingly seriously, adopting net-zero emissions targets and embracing circular economy models, Cambi has tremendous growth potential and ambitions to match.
For more information contact Anne Helene Sandsmark, Anne.email@example.com
+47 476 78 155
Please be informed that we will only accept and assess applications through our career site.