How about using your skills to accelerate the global transition to a low-carbon circular economy?
Cambi is looking for a Graduate Trainee engineer at our headquarter in Asker, who are passionate about finding and deploying reliable solutions for the world’s great sustainability challenges. As a Graduate Trainee engineer in Cambi you will join our 2-year program to provide a basic understanding of thermal hydrolysis and its value proposition. You will be introduced for different disciplines, divided into three 8-months placements periods. Through our Graduate Trainee programme, you will understand how technology works in practice, join a diverse and highly competent international working environment and contribute to the world cities' green transformation. During the programme a senior colleague in Cambi will act as your mentor, together with regularly follow ups from line management and HR. After this programme there are several work opportunities within Cambi, depending on which direction the candidate wants to develop further.
What will you be doing:
- Get a proper onboarding period.
- Introduction to Cambi's way of work in project execution and deliveries
- Get to choose the right process equipment and to know different engineering tools.
- Have the chance to follow a project through installation and commissioning.
- Understand the value created by Cambi's process solutions.
- Participate in developing a business case and the environmental impact.
- Understand the buyer journey - from leads to contract.
- Participate in ongoing R&D work, doing analyses, sampling, lab work and large-scale tests at sites.
Your Background and desirable qualities to succeed in this role:
- Last year Master / PhD students with up to 2 years work experience.
- Wants to make a difference.
Desirable personal qualities to succeed in the role:
- Structured, systematic and result-oriented, with a zest for collaboration across disciplines and cultures.
- Honest, humble and curious, with a natural inclination to share and learn new skills.
- Keen on quality, with an eye for details.
- To work with highly skilled colleagues from different disciplines who are happy to share their knowledge and eager to learn from you.
- A great career potential towards Process Engineer, System Engineer, Project Manager, Project development Engineer, Sales responsibilities and beyond.
- An opportunity to contribute to the green transformation and sustainable growth of cities throughout the world.
Why you will enjoy it in Cambi:
Work globally: Encounter different cultures and work practices with opportunities to travel the world on projects involving leading water sector companies spanning all continents.
Make an impact: Contribute to projects transforming organic waste streams into bioresources, boosting the circular economy and leading to net-zero emissions in cities worldwide.
Immerse in diversity: Join a multicultural team with a mix of young and experienced colleagues from more than 25 countries and 15 discipline backgrounds.
Grow personally: Embrace our values: proactive, innovative, responsive, accountable, and team-oriented, in a dynamic work environment grounded in a modern Code of Conduct applying to all employees and business partners.
If you see yourself starting to build your career with us, don’t hesitate to send in your application, including a CV, cover letter, and grade transcripts. Deadline to apply is set to 15th of December 2023.
Please be informed that we will only accept and assess applications through our career site.
About the hiring process:
Potential candidates will be invited for interview in January and February 2024, with a following testing for those who pass first round. Contract signed within February 2024 and start-up will be mid August 2024.
Cambi is a global technology and solutions supplier that enables cities and industries to turn wastewater sludge and other organic wastes into bioresources. We are a medium-sized, Norway-based multinational company listed in Oslo on Euronext Growth. We have offices in the UK, USA, China and South Korea, and a growing sales network on all continents.
Our core expertise lies in designing, manufacturing, installing, and operating industrial process installations, used mainly for treating sewage sludge in combination with anaerobic digestion in wastewater treatment plants. The technology, developed over three decades and known globally as thermal hydrolysis, reduces greenhouse gas emissions and produces renewable energy, organic fertilisers, and various soil products while destroying pathogens and other harmful substances.
Our systems have the capacity to cater to over 110 million individuals across more than 25 countries. We are proud of having cities like Oslo, London, Washington, Singapore, and Sydney among our clients. As water utility companies take sustainability increasingly seriously, adopting net-zero emissions targets and embracing circular economy models, Cambi has tremendous growth potential and ambitions to match.