Aspiring for technical project sales
How about using your skills to accelerate the global transition to a low-carbon circular economy?
Cambi is looking for a process engineer at our headquarter in Asker, who is passionate about finding and deploying reliable solutions for the world’s great sustainability challenges. In this position in Cambi you will get varied tasks related to developing Upgrade projects promoted to Cambi’s plants in operation around the world. There will also be opportunities within data collection, plant performance monitoring and operational support, and to be part of a competent team for the implementation of new technologies, products and carbon reducing solutions for our clients. You will also be involved in client and supplier communication.
What you will be doing
- Identify and develop opportunities for Upgrade projects to clients with operational plants:
- Data collection and analysis of current plant performance. Process calculations of potential performance and thereby technical benefits of Upgrade projects. Use that as basis for calculating the business case (return on investment) for clients.
- Develop proposals for Upgrade projects:
- Participate in the multidiscipline team shaping the commercial proposal for Upgrade projects. Give input to management for pricing and commercial conditions. Participate in bringing the lead from proposal through contract definition to signature.
- You will find yourself in the center of one of Cambi’s strategic growth areas. You will be “Process” in teams with Mechanical, E&A, Legal, Proposals etc. as needed in each case and in any case get direct support from Management
- Unless you are already ready for it, in due time you will be given the opportunity to take on other and more responsibilities than listed above:
- Be the responsible driver rather than the contributer. Search, find, develop and drive initiatives to create value for clients. Continuously build your sales pipeline. Take initiatives to increase client base and sales of services.
- Possibilities for site works, commissioning and operations. Work with national and international clients and suppliers.
- Contribute to develop and grow Cambi’s offerings, methodology, tools and business processes
Your background and profile
- We can shape the role and tasks to suit your experience, skills and ambitions.
- A Master’s (MSc), or equivalent degree in Process/Mechanical/Chemical/Environmental Engineering.
- >3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience from water-, pulper and paper- or agriculture industry would be an advantage.
- Comfortable with working in national, international and multicultural environments
Desirable personal qualities to succeed in the role
- Analytical, structured, systematic and result-oriented. Skilled within thermodynamics, process design and calculations.
- Enjoy collaboration across disciplines and cultures. Comfortable in client communication.
- Honest, humble and curious, with a natural inclination to share and learn new skills.
- Enjoy combining technical skills and commercial mindset to provide good value to the client
What we offer
- To work with highly skilled colleagues from different disciplines who are happy to share their knowledge and eager to learn from you.
- To work in a segment with strategic focus and big potential for growth.
- Potential for great career possibilities for the right candidate.
- An opportunity to contribute to the green transformation and sustainable growth of cities throughout the world.
Why you will enjoy it in Cambi
Work globally: Encounter different cultures and work practices with opportunities to travel the world to plants involving leading water sector companies spanning all continents.
Make an impact: Support plants that are transforming organic waste streams into bioresources, boosting the circular economy and leading to net-zero emissions in cities worldwide.
Immerse in diversity: Join a multicultural team with a mix of young and experienced colleagues from more than 25 countries and 15 discipline backgrounds.
Grow personally: Embrace our values: proactive, innovative, responsive, accountable, and team-oriented, in a dynamic work environment grounded in a modern Code of Conduct applying to all employees and business partners.
Location: At headquarter in Asker, Norway
Cambi is a global technology and solutions supplier that enables cities and industries to turn wastewater sludge and other organic wastes into bioresources. We are a medium-sized, Norway-based multinational company listed in Oslo on Euronext Growth. We have offices in the UK, USA, China and South Korea, and a growing sales network on all continents.
Our core expertise lies in designing, manufacturing, installing, and operating industrial process installations, used mainly for treating sewage sludge in combination with anaerobic digestion in wastewater treatment plants. The technology, developed over three decades and known globally as thermal hydrolysis, reduces greenhouse gas emissions and produces renewable energy, organic fertilisers, and various soil products while destroying pathogens and other harmful substances.
Our systems can service more than 110 million people in 25 countries. We are proud of having cities like Oslo, London, Washington, Singapore, Sydney, Beijing, Athens, and Warsaw among our clients. As water utility companies take sustainability increasingly seriously, adopting net-zero emissions targets and embracing circular economy models, Cambi has tremendous growth potential and ambitions to match.
About the hiring process
Delivering on our mission to enable a swift global transition to sustainable communities is contingent on attracting and retaining talented employees from diverse backgrounds.
Cambi is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. The position is open to all professionals irrespective of gender, culture, race, sexual orientation, disabilities, or other personal or social identity dimensions.
If you see yourself further developing your career together with us, don’t hesitate to send in your application, including a cover letter and CV. Applicants will be evaluated consecutively.
You are welcome to contact us for more information about the position or hiring process: